Thursday 18 September 2014

The Party



17th September, the first birthday of the school year.  Nick always put on a good party and this year we were all about to turn 18, so it was going to be even better. He’d organised a barbecue, it my first ever. Nick was the oldest and the best at everything; captain of the school rugby team, opening bowler and batsman at cricket and top marks at school. To top it all, he had the most beautiful girl in class on his arm and he was, according to the legend, hung like a donkey .
The lucky girl was Emily and she was everything any 17 year old boy could dream of; she was clever, witty, and a great conversationalist, but at 17 we didn’t notice that. We noticed her sexy arse, her blossoming breasts and her luscious lips. You would expect her to have a 22-year-old boyfriend; all girls in our class went out with older boys. But no Emily was with Nick and all seemed well in their rose garden.Rumour had it that Nick and Emily had taken each other’s virginity in the back of his car down Cosmeston lakes, others claimed they had been caught doing it during the school trip to France, while one school of thought said they were keeping themselves pure until they were married. Whatever the truth, Nick and Emily were Mr and Mrs Popular, people we all aspired to be.
Who was I? Well I was 17 years old, or 17 years young perhaps. I’d been a late developer, girls were still stupid until I was about 16 and then girls were just things who weren’t interested in me. My mum and nan used to tell me I was handsome but all mums and nans say that to their sons. I looked in the mirror for hours and just couldn’t see it and didn’t think any woman would find this gawky, spotty geek attractive. I wasn’t one of the cool kids or one of the swots, I was an inbetweener, I played rugby badly, just made up the numbers of the cricket team, was hung very averagely and was certainly still a virgin.
The party was swinging, everyone was drinking or drunken. The garden was full of spotty teenagers slowly turning into spotty adults and somehow I had ended up in the darkest corner with Emily sitting on my lap. Yes that’s right Emily, Nick’s Emily, the most beautiful girl in my small world was sitting on my lap. And what’s more she was whispering sweet nothings in my ear. My head was spinning and it wasn’t the alcohol.
This was my friend’s girlfriend, beautiful, way out of my league and attached. What’s more she was telling me that she would like to do to me what I had dreamt of doing to her.  Was she serious? Was it a joke? Was it possible? Could I do it? Could I steal this girl from the most popular boy in my class? At his party? Would it leave me as an outcast, a social pariah?
She kissed me, a long, slow, wet kiss, a kiss that told me if this was a wind up, she was certainly a method actress. Her hands explored me, discovering I certainly was average.
 ‘Let’s go!’ She whispered. ‘My parents are away.’

It was decision time. My moral compass was different back then. This was wrong, so wrong, but at the same time deliciously right. I made up my mind. I….
I… 





2 comments:

  1. And......? What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do only things in your life that you think are right, the life would be a bit boring, wouldn't it ;-) especially when you're 17 :-)

    ReplyDelete