Wednesday 14 September 2016

Frozen

For audio click here

This story started life from a prompt at a Writers' Meeting at Octavo Bookshop in Cardiff.


There's humiliation and then there's humiliation and this was humiliation.  The train chugged around its tracks playing that awful song Let it Go from that awful movie. It was doing my head in, and about to do my head in.
I was trapped, tied firmly to the rails; each move I made seemed to strengthen the bond. Maria threw her head back in a dramatic laugh that would have graced any silent movie. She obviously had no interest in putting me out of my misery. This wasn’t a game, there was no brinkmanship, this was for real.
She'd tricked me by mirroring my fantasies. She said she’d always wanted to make love in the fairground, said she’d always wanted to tie a man up. How could I resist when I was having these sexy notions whispered into my ears by a leggy blonde with a seductive smile? Breaking into the fairground at the dead of night was the easy part. She planted a warm, wet kiss on my lips and slapped my exploring hands away from her precious parts.
“Not yet,” she said. “I want to tie you up.”
The Frozen Railway Ride was the perfect place. She slipped off my t-shirt and shorts before producing ties from her bag. She’d obviously been planning this.
“I’ve got a surprise in store for you,” she said, with a wicked look on her face. How was I to know the surprise was that as soon as I was tied to the tracks, she’d take a step back and start the bloody ride? The train chugged, and hooted its way around the faux icy landscape. Was this it? Was this really how I was going to die? I could just imagine the looks on the faces of the angels in heaven as they sniggered behind my back.
“That's the one that got run over by the Frozen train.”  
I brought myself out of my daydream and tried to pull at the ties again. But it was no use.
“Maria,” I said. My teeth were chattering and my goose pimples had goose pimples. “Stop this! I’m sorry okay.”
But Maria just did her silent movie laugh again. I could smell the oil from the train. It was getting closer, closer. The song getting louder. Choo choo choochoo, Choo choo choochoo.
“Can’t hold it back no more, Let it go, let it go”
“What they hell is going on here.” I looked up to see the security guard staring at the scene.
“Help,” I croaked. Maria turned and ran leaving me naked with my new friend and the train getting perilously close to my bare body. 

“Bloody kids,” he said, and reached over and pulled out the plug, the train slowed to a halt centimetres away from my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment