Monday 23 December 2013

The sad smile







There was something intrinsically sad about her smile. Was it the way she ever so slightly tilted her head to one side as the smiled spread on her face? There was something hangdog in the gesture. Was it the impossible beauty of the smile, a once in a lifetime magnificence? Did the knowledge that it was so unique, that it could never be repeated make me sad? Was it the slight trace of heartbreak in her eyes that the smile failed to mask? A hint of an indelible tragedy; one that even happier times could not erase.
Or was it the fact that I knew she would always be just out of my reach, too beautiful, too clever too sophisticated, too married for a simple boy like me?


















13 comments:

  1. wow... it's beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. why not record this one? this is so beautiful and gentle....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll do it tomorrow but i am not sure I can do justice to it :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It’s quite a difficult one to do, I’ve tried once :-)

      Delete
  4. We'll see tomorrow then:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like someone to write about me in this way....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is about you, it is about someone. :-)

      Delete
    2. I bet it is about someone. Writers imagine things but they always base them on their experience. Additionally, some of the texts are so emotion-laden that they must have been based on real situations that were important for the writer. But I may be mistaken:) I am not a writer:)

      Delete
    3. Oh it is about someone :-) some of the stories have acorns of real situations in them but then they grown into something quite different but actually often the ones people think are real are actually completely figments of my imagination. Ths sad smile though is real :-)

      Delete
  6. :) oh that gave me butterflies:) it's most probably not... by why not be a dreamer:):)

    ReplyDelete