Friday 3 January 2014

Molly


Molly was without doubt the love of my life, I couldn’t help but smile when I saw her, couldn’t help but get the same shiver down my spine that I’d first had all those years ago when she’d first flashed her pretty smile in my direction. She’d snatched my heart that day and had kept it in a safe place ever since. Her voice, her laugh, her smell, her wonderfully cute nose that wrinkled as she smiled, had all contributed to my weak knees and dry mouth, and even after all this time I still couldn’t help but devour her with my eyes any chance I got. But don’t write me off as being shallow, I may have fallen for her beauty but I’d been held captive by her brain; eloquent, opinionated, funny, witty she could spellbind a room with her wit and charm or divide it with her forthright views, passionately argued, sending opponents flying like skittles using her words as the bowling ball.  She was then, still is and always will be the perfect woman.  
I looked at her now as another New Year’s Eve party drew to a close. Slumped drunkly on the sofa, her skirt ridden up revealing the dark material at the top of her stockings. Josh’s hand was on her thigh and his lips clamped passionately to hers. Don’t looked shocked, I said she was the love of my life, I never mentioned anything about me being the love of hers.



13 comments:

  1. do you call it love or lust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it true love
      Or just lust?
      Passion
      A fashion-
      able affair
      to satisfy
      or glorify
      our sexuality.

      Delete
  2. I am trying to imagine how to glorifying sexuality without satisfying it... maybe poets can do it but I am not sure about ordinary people:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I think they are two different things. Glorifying is just about the ego, satisfying is mnore about the couple.

      Delete
    2. Oh I see.... I have thought about someting else: satisfying the lust like you satisfy the hunger and in order to do that you must have physicl contact with the person. Glorifying, on the othre hand, is like giving glory to something or someone you love, praise and worship them:) I might have been mistaken though

      Delete
  3. Maybe he never told her he loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some guys are just shy:) .... or he really never loved her like crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The male character here is just a wimp. No wonder he isn't Molly's love. His love is just a lukewarm feeling with no fire and no power. Maybe he's the same character as in the Darts story?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The love of his life. the perfect woman.
    perfection is an utopian
    he adores her, he desires her, he glorifies what he loves
    he isn't shy nor a wimp
    he wants to be chosen but if he had her
    she wouldn't be perfect anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if he had her he would definitely notice her imprefections as nobody's perfect. But love is about something else. Let me quote: "Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly." Sometimes you know exacly that the person has the faults and you still can't get them out of your head. It's like all the cells in your brain were infected and the infection is spreading against common sense.

      Delete
  7. This has become just unbearable....

    ReplyDelete
  8. viruses are everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that was a year ago so he has probably fallen out of love by now. maybe he just looked at the Ugg boots she was wearing (or some other thing that makes some people to ditch others quite quickly)

    ReplyDelete