Friday 17 January 2014

What happened next.



This is part two of Wednesday’s story Temptation.

When Scott came back from his shower I could tell he was in a bad mood, that was no allergy, so something must have happened to piss him off.
‘Who’s Bobby?’ He was trying to act nonchalantly but his voice croaked and gave him away.
How did he know about Bobby? I thought to myself, I purposely kept Bobby away from boyfriends at the beginning because I know how they couldn’t handle me being such great mates with a man. It’s a strange old world. Then I realised he must have been looking at my phone while I was in the shower. I thought I’d put him on the spot.
‘How do you know about Bobby?’
‘I looked at your phone, seems like you two have some unfinished business.’
I have to admit I momentarily admired his honesty, it was exactly the kind of spunk that up until now he’d been missing. I liked Scott a lot, no scrap that I think I loved him, he was kind and generous, but at times he was a bit too nice. I think this was the first time I’d seen a different side to him, Not only had he looked at my phone, and now was being brazen about it. I liked it. But I couldn’t let him know that. I had to be outraged.
‘What the fucking hell are you doing looking at my phone?’ I was going on the attack as a defensive measure. Trying to buy myself time to try to work out what hed read.
It’s weird the mobile phone has become the last bastion of self, our lives are so public, we tell complete strangers all about our lives on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, everything, people I hardly know comment on pictures of me in my bikini but our phone is like our deepest, darkest secrets, fiercely guarded from prying eyes.
‘I’m waiting.’ I said staring at his naked body. ’ I thought he would wilt, whimper an apology but he surprised me. He gave as good as he got. I have to say it turned me on a little seeing him there with no clothes on fighting his corner.
‘You have no right to touch my phone,’ I yelled at him, enjoying the pantomime, continuing with my faux outrage.
‘And you have no right to tell your boyfriend what Im like in bed.’
Oh god I remembered now, I’d said he was a 6, that couldn’t have looked good.
‘Put some clothes on.’ I said
‘What?’
‘Put your clothes on.’
Scott stood with his arms folded, his penis dangling, a stern look on his face. I wanted to laugh, it was just so funny but I stopped myself.
‘And why do you always need a bit of Bobby?’
Oh yeah I’d written that too. 
'For fucks sake. Context Scott, context. Put some clothes on and we’ll sort this out.’
We left the house in silence. He’d did mean and moody very well.
‘Look Scott, Bobby’s been my friend since school. We talk about everything and anything, I know it’s a cliché but he really knows me better than I do.’
‘So why haven’t you mentioned him before?’
‘Cos men are stupid,’ I said with a smile. ‘They don’t like me having male friends.’
‘Well, I can see why?’ Scott still wasn’t smiling.
‘No you can’t, look I gave you 6 out of 10 but I promise you that’s the highest I’ve given anyone. It’s just our game. We mark down.’
‘What was Bobby? I bet he was a ten.’
I let that pass, I was enjoying this.
‘And that 'you need a bit of me girl', well he always says that when he wants to talk some sense into me. Bobby likes you, he wanted to give me a good talking to, not to let a good man go. Context Scott.’
I could almost hear Scott’s mind whirring. But he’d reached our destination.
‘He’s no threat to you, Scott you’ll see.’
I rang the doorbell.
A man dressed only in boxers answered the door.
‘Bobby, Goldilocks is here.’ he shouted.
A second similarly attired man came into view, kissed the first man and beamed at us.
‘Finally I get to meet the famous Scotty.’
As we walked back to my place Scott apologised.
‘I’m sorry, I should never have looked at your phone.’

‘That’s okay,’ I paused and smiled my best smile 'oh by the way, who is Rebecca?’

2 comments:

  1. Well, I might have been right in the end; Scott eventually maried Rebecca .... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeap.. As I thought Bob is gay, I read wrong.. after the line 'Finally I meet the famous ..', I changed the protagonist!.. so sorry :-)

    ReplyDelete