Tuesday 12 March 2013

Steve Rants - Hotels


‘How was your trip?’ Johnny hated to admit it but he'd missed his weekly pint with Steve.
Steve took a sip of his beer and nodded,
‘yeah okay, all went to plan.’
‘Nice hotel?’ Johhny immediately regretted asking the question.
‘Very nice but hotels annoy me.' Johnny could tell by the tone of voice that a rant was coming. He took a glance at his watch, only 5 minutes since they’d met, was this a new record?
‘You see, I just don’t think I get value for money in hotels. If I stay one night or 3 nights, I pay the same daily rate, I don't get a discount for 3 night but I do get different service.’
‘What do you mean?’
‘Well take this hotel last week, when I checked in in the room there was a small bar of chocolate, a bottle of water, a full bottle of shower gel and a fresh soap. I used all of them, but when I got back to the hotel on day 2 there was no chocolate, no water and I was expected to use the same soap and the same half empty bottle of shower gel.’
‘Oh poor you, you are so precious. Johnny smiled, Steve didn’t. ’ ‘It’s not the end of the world is it?’
‘It is the principle.’
Johnny pessimistically looked at his pint, his usual way to shut Steve up was to get a round in but it glass was still half full. For once the optimistic outlook was half empty.
‘I pay the same every day, therefore I expect to get the same for my money. If I checked out and checked back in again I'd get the chocolate and water again, plus fresh soap and full bottles of gel.’
‘Yeah but then you'd have to pack your bags and leave at 12 and check in again at 2 so you are actually getting 2 hours more for your money, not to mention the convenience.’
‘Yeah I'd thought of that, but that is the sheets and towels isn't it? You don't get fresh sheets and towels everyday do you?’
‘I’m sure they’d give you fresh water, or shower gel if you asked.’
‘Again not the point. The point is it should be there automatically or they should give you a discount for booking more than one night. I’m telling you it is the way they make their profits.’
‘Mate you need to build a bridge and get over it’ Johnny had had enough, he took one long last slug and headed for the bar. 

What's your hotel bugbear? Vote here - oh and why not like the facebook page too.

No comments:

Post a Comment