Friday 19 April 2013

Palmer's Green




It's a song one so no cubes today, but can you guess the song before the last line?
Random picture of a sunset as there are no cubes


Lisa was at some do in Palmer's Green feeling sorry for herself. She couldn't help notice that she was the oldest in the room, the music was awful and to her 30 year old eyes it even looked like the kids danced in a new way; it was enough to drive a man to drink, or girl in her case, in fact woman. She looked around to see if she could see her so called best friend, it was Laura’s idea that they came to this bloody party and then as soon as they walked in the door she'd disappeared leaving Lisa to fend for herself in alien conditions. Laura must have found somebody new to play with, probably that young boy she'd been talking to in the pub, the one who told her about this bloody party in the first place. It was a semi-private birthday party, Lisa thought Laura had said it was a 21st but looking at the kids in the room she wondered if it was actually an 18th. The club was called The Kitchen and the music sounded like it was being played on pots and pans, god Lisa sounded like her mother. How did Laura always end up with some toy boy on her arm and Lisa went home alone. I'm no good at chatting up, she thought to herself, that's why I always get rebuffed.
She drained the last dregs out of her bottle of Bud and went to the bar. One more beer she told herself then I'll go home.
‘Can I get you a drink?’
She looked round and saw Rolf her work colleague grinning at her. She’d didn’t really know Rolf and didn’t really like him , but right now she'd never been so pleased to see anyone.
‘Bottle of Bud please.’ she wasn’t going to turn down the offer. ‘What are you doing here? Not really your scene is it?’
‘Hark who's talking,’ Rolf’s smile was kinda cute. ‘I couldn't believe it when I saw you. At least I have an excuse, it's my kid sister's birthday, parents kinda leant on me. What's yours?’
Lisa smiled, ‘my mate Laura is snogging the face off some twenty year old somewhere.’
‘Ah right. right, I see, so that's why I’ve found you in the Kitchen at a Party.’


Did you guess? Here is the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment