Thursday 17 July 2014

Gareth’s Short Story Poem Podcast 4 Unromantic Lyrics.



As I am away this week and might not have time to write a story  I am doing something a bit different. I’m sharing with you my short story poems. A short story poem is a sort of combination of a poem and a short story. I am not really a poet but I hope these make you smile. However, todays are a little different, they are called unromantic lyrics. Watch the video to find out more. 


Unromantic Lyrics
Don't go changing to try to please me,
You know you're never going to be my type. 

So put on your red shoes,
and nip down the shops to buy me some fags.

And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like
Oh where's the remote, the game's about to start.

 Wherever I lay my hat,
 you'll complain that I haven't put it away. 

You hit me once
I hit you back
You gave a kick
I gave a slap
You smashed a plate
Over my head
then our neighbours called the police 

Could it be magic oh
No, it’s animal instinct that will soon wear off.
Leaving you wondering
what you saw in her

in the first place.

Find day 1 here day 2 here day 3 here day 4 here and day 5 here 

7 comments:

  1. Real life stories with no sugar coating:) made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me laugh too, especially with your video :-) i like them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. painful but probably true, especially when I look at the last one

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like
    Oh where's the remote, the game's about to start.

    :):) that's life:) how true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I likethe first one. It may be unromantic but it is sensible to say it to someone at the beginning to prevent the other person of making a fool of themselves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you cry tonight
    I still am not sure enough
    I understand this EQ stuff
    you told me about
    so I am water tight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've put my red shoes. I'll buy a bottle of vodka too. It's St Valentine's day after all :-)

    ReplyDelete