Thursday 7 August 2014

Dressed to Kill part 2

For part one click here
‘Hey how was last night?’ Bryn’s smile soon disappeared when he saw the look on Ted’s face. ‘What’s up? Didn’t go well?’
Ted took a swig of beer, choosing his words carefully.
‘Well, it was weird, she only stayed out about 30 minutes and then said she had to go home, mumbled something about a headache.’
‘Oh dear, that doesn’t sound promising, what did you do?’
‘Well what could I do? I went home.’
‘No, I mean what did you do to bring about this headache?’
‘Nothing!’ Ted looked defensive. Bryn laughed and took another mouthful of ale.
‘So what did you decide to do with her in the end?’
‘I took Prince with me, I thought we could take him for a walk.’
‘On a date? What are you like?’ Bryn shook his head.
‘It wasn’t a date, just two friends going for a drink.’ Ted said but Bryn laughed.
‘Did she know that?’ He asked still smiling.
‘Of course she did. I just asked her if she like to meet up after work,’ the look on Ted’s face told Bryn the penny still hadn’t dropped. ‘She always loved the pictures of Prince, so I thought I’d introduce them.’
‘Mate, she thought it was a date and you took her for a dog walk, what were you thinking? It’s no wonder she went home, I bet it was just after you picked up ithe shit wasn’t it?’
‘She didn’t think it was a date.’ Ted protested, ignoring the question.  
‘Well, what was she wearing?’
Ted held his pint in front of his mouth and rolled his eyes back in his head trying to picture her, Bryn watched him.
‘Um, burgundy dress, tights, little boots, she looked great.’
‘You doozy pilchard, she was dressed to impressed, please don’t tell me you were dressed like that?’
Ted nodded very slowly, the magnitude of his fuck up was beginning to dawn on him.
‘So she was dressed to cuddle and you were dressed to smuggle?’
‘I didn’t think she’d be interested in me,’ he said ‘I thought we were friends. She’s way out of my league.’  Ted looked downhearted. He took another swig of beer.
‘Well she is now mate.’ Bryn said, trying not to laugh, but it was difficult.
‘Fuck!’
‘What was she like in work today?’ Bryn asked, he had a serious look on his face now.
‘Hmm she kind of ignored me but we never have much to do with each other on a Wednesday.
‘Look you’re an idiot but if she likes you, she likes you. Be nice to her tomorrow, admit you were an idiot, ask her for another date, tell her you’ll take her somewhere nice and you’ll pay . And you never know she might just give you another chance.’
‘D’you think?’
‘Dunno mate. But it's got to be worth a try’ said Bryn collecting the two empties and heading to the bar to get the beers in.


            

4 comments:

  1. :-) he is an idiot indeed. If I was her I don't if I would like to give him a second chance.... But she might be in love and that changes everything... :-) they say love conquers all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we might find out what she said very soon.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to it:-)

      Delete
  2. so how does Bryn's advice work? or maybe Ted din't have the guts to talk to her?

    ReplyDelete