Friday 7 October 2016

Poetry Friday 14

For audio click here

Poetry Friday just keeps on going. 


The Gym
Gym on a whim,
a work out
till I cry out,
stop this nonsense!
And then go home,
Never to return.

Aliens
Do aliens watch me
Sleep,
Observe my
dreams,
monitor my
snoring?
Do they watch me
toss
and turn, turn
and toss
as insomnia takes over.
Do they watch the duvet
dance
off, on, off then on again?
Do they look away as I
patter to the loo, respecting
my privacy?
Or
do I stare into this midnight space
alone?


Perfume
The scent of your perfume
hangs in the air and
caresses my pillow
like a goodbye note.
Sickly sweet,
annoying,
cloying,
sticking in my throat
yet stabbing
at my heart.


Heartache.
She left me on a Tuesday,
And I started eating,
to help soothe my brain.
Curry for breakfast,
pizza for lunch,
KFC for tea.
Wednesday
she came to get her things,
I drank the wine, the whiskey, the gin,
then fish and chips
with extra mushy peas.
On Thursday, I heard she’d moved in with Jeff.
Cake, ice cream
and chocolate digestives.
On Friday the pain was so bad,
I went to the doctor.
“Help me mend this broken heart.”
“That’s not heartache,” she said, 
“that's indigestion.”

More next week? We'll see. 

Check out my new project, Topical Poems, find it here.
And why not invest in me. Buy my books :-) Details here 

Please if you enjoy these stories share them with friends, family, book agents, etc.. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram :-) Thank you. 


For previous poetry Fridays click here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here  and here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment