Friday 14 October 2016

Poetry Friday 15

For audio click here 

Unbelievable Poetry Friday 15 who would have thought it. Three poems for you this week, a dark one, an experimental one and a silly one. 


Blackout curtains
The darker it is
the more I hear;
the passing of cars,
the movement of neighbours,
the scurry of rats.
I stare into the darkness
drowning in the fragility
of my own heartbeat.

Left-handed poem
I’m writing this left-handed
to see if my brain works
differently.
It’s slow, 
laborious,
but glorious in its way.
Each curve and slash
takes concentration,
meaning elimination of
sloppy,
thoughtless errors
that creep in
when writing
with passionate
haste;
a hurry to get the words
down. In case I forget them
midstream.
But the time it takes
makes
my arm ache.
as unfamiliar muscles
are asked to do
familiar things.

In Britain you get cheap electricity between midnight and 7 am. So people do their washing in the middle of the night. Something that just wouldn't happen in The Czech Republic.

Economy 7
3 AM
Shaken
awake by a
quake that
would have Mr Richter interested.
But this is no plate
tectonics, just simple
economics.
Economy 7
cheap electricity,
shaken awake
by my neighbour’s
money saving
spin cycle. 



Check out my new project, Topical Poems, find it here.
And why not invest in me. Buy my books :-) Details here 

Please if you enjoy these stories share them with friends, family, book agents, etc.. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram :-) Thank you.

For previous poetry Fridays click here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here  and here and here and here

3 comments:

  1. I like the left-handed poem and your handwriting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very holistic mixture of poems it is with the first one addressing the senses and emotions, the second one - mind and body, and the last one - sense of humor and being a part of community:-) and absolutely love the scan of the left hand written poem - almost feel the pain of you writing this:-)

    ReplyDelete