Tuesday 30 December 2014

Brains or Brawn



When Christina left me I thought my whole world was going to collapse. It wasn’t because she unanimously decided that the relationship wasn’t working, I could see that with my own eyes. I knew we were living on borrow time and the repayments were crippling us. It wasn’t that she left me on a Friday and ruined my weekend. No, the killer was that she left me for another man. It wasn’t my heart that was broken, but my ego. And not just any man either but a jock, a muscle bound jock. The only muscle that wasn’t well developed for Tyler was the brain, Christina had gone from brains to brawn and made me feel just a lot inferior. I couldn’t understand how an intelligent girl like Christina could fall for such a bimbo, and what kind of name was Tyler.

Anyway it didn’t take me long to recover, a couple of months of moping and feeling sorry for myself ended when I met Carol. Carol was everything I’d ever dreamt of in a woman; beautiful, intelligent, funny, she put the smile back on my face that Christina had wiped off - only this time it was broader than ever before. What made my smile sweeter was the news that the Christina-Tyler tryst has been short lived. Tyler walked out on her.
Carol restored my pride, rebuilt my ego, assured me that only shallow women went for brawn, true women, sensitive women, sexy women found brains far more attractive.

But nothing lasts for ever, it was soon clear that this relationship was going the same way as the last one, moody silences, non-answered called, short, sulky answers and Carol wasn’t much better either.

When we went to feed the ducks, I knew from the look on her face how the conversation would proceed. And in fact I was quite relieved. It’s not you it’s me, I just need space, It’s not what I need right now, whatever line she chose I was almost looking forward to it. My money was on I need space.
‘We need to talk.’ she said. Here we go, I thought. ‘I’ve met someone else.’ She said. Hmm I wasn’t expecting that. ‘His name’s Tyler.’



10 comments:

  1. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo.
    I knew I have seen today's lines before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty as charged :-) it's my pet project using old stories as muses for new poems

      Delete
  3. So this must be said the third time here - you're so vain
    you think the best muse for you is you yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. And all the girls dream that they'd be your partner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you might be pushing things a little far.

      Delete
  5. oh yes. All means every girl and I should exclude myself. So not all. Almost all

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW there are lots of seagulls flying in the video clip

    ReplyDelete