Wednesday 9 March 2016

Slightly bolder poet's poems - Day 3

Continuing with something a little different this week. 
In the past I have shared my short story poems and my Christmas ones. This week I am sharing poems I have written since starting my creative writing MA. These are called my non-poet's poems. Each day there will be a longer poem, an experimental poem, a haiku and a Cardiff Haiku, 

I don't really call myself a poet, but I am growing in confidence, as you can tell by the ever evolving title of this week's posts. So any feedback, any constructive criticism is welcome. If you are looking for my stories, then click here.

For audio click here 
For day 1 click hereday 2 hereday 4 here and day 5 here

The Wife’s Lover
Twisted bodies on an afternoon
bed. Listening to children
playing, mothers chatting;
the noise of a summer’s afternoon.
Her hand rests on my chest,
my hands behindmy head.
Our lust spent,
our bodies explored,
our mission complete.
She stirs, lazily
leaving the extra-
conjugal bed.
Mine’s a limp smile.
happy / sad.
Satisfied but unfulfilled;
dogs bark, babies scream.
She dresses, kisses and
leaves. Back to life,
from her escape from reality.

Facebook poem. I took 8 lines from people's Facebook status updates  and tried to put it in to poem. It's a but nonsensical, but fun.

A star is born part 1
For those who just shrug
after pride and prejudice,
something for you to chuckle about.
Just finished ‘Alone in Berlin’ 
came across this beautiful puddle,
all my life choices validated?
Ant Master, your views please.


Mermaid
The river carries
water from mountain to sea,
and my mermaid home.

In Cardiff there are loads of old quaint shopping arcades, when I say loads, I mean 7.

Cardiff Arcades.
Castle, High Street, Duke.
Wyndam, Royal, Morgan, don’t
forget Dominions.






1 comment:

  1. Lovely week on the blog. I think people don't read enough poetry: just a few words but so much food for thought

    ReplyDelete