Monday 7 March 2016

Non-poet's poems - Day 1

Something a little different this week. 
In the past I have shared my short story poems and my Christmas ones. This week I am sharing poems I have written since starting my creative writing MA. These are called my non-poet's poems. Each day there will be a longer poem, an experimental poem, a haiku and a Cardiff Haiku, 
I don't really call myself a poet, but occasionally I write poems. The reason I don't call myself a poet is because I don't really have a way of knowing if the poems I write are any good or not. Or if they are just teenage angst that I should have given up writing years ago. So any feedback, good or bad is welcome. If you are looking for my stories, then click here.

For audio click here
For day 2 click here day 3 hereday 4 hereand day 5 here

Insomnia.
The clatter of hail on the windows,
the rattle of the wind,
the roar of the thunder,
are all somehow cathartic,
knowing that you're awake too.
What's usually a lonely 2.37
is now populated by all
but the heaviest of sleepers.

The challenge was to write a poem 10 words or fewer with all the words beginning with P. 
The P Poem
Pianist plays Porter
perfect posture
perfect pitch
People push past

Sweet Shop Haiku
Sweet shop, rows of jars
Sugar fix. On the counter
dentist's business cards

Cardiff haiku
Castle Coch is a aesthetically pleasing castle built by the Marquis of Bute using the money he could have used to pay his workers more.

Castle Coch
Castle in the clouds.
Fortifications of yore
or rich man’s folly?


No comments:

Post a Comment